Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

A Review by Oscar

Percy Jackson and the Olympians the lightning thief by Rick Riordan is a book filled with Greek mythology. This story takes place in New York. There is a high school dropout who has been in a lot of schools - one of his excuses was, I didn’t aim for the school bus.  He was expelled from all of the schools. His name is Percy Jackson and his best friend Grover follows him every where.  My favorite part is when he is training at camp half-blood, which is a special camp for people who are half god half mortal. He figures out he is Poseiden, God of the Seas, son. So he goes on a quest to find the  Zeus’s master bolt which was stolen. Percy and his friends Annabeth and Grover need to get it back by the summer solstice or else there is war. This high school dropout is good and funny the whole time.
I love this book because of the humor (the table of contents is my favorite page). It is filled with monsters, friends and funniness best of all is the twist at the end. Some things are so unexpected. He is my favorite author and I bet you will get hooked too. I give this book 5 out of 5. It is also the first in the series.  I recommend this book to anyone who needs or has a sense of humor and all action adventure lovers.

No comments: