Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wonder Struck By Brian Selznick

A Review by Jane


                Wonder Struck by Brian Selznick. There are two main characters in the book, Ben and Rose. Rose’s life is in pictures and Bens is in words. The story takes place in Minnesota but later on, the story takes place in New York. New York is a very gloomy place but loaded with people. They both need a question solved. Ben dreams of a father he hasn’t had for a while. Rose dreams of finding her mother. They both search different places, but in the same state. Ben gets clues from up and down streets. Rose goes to the theater that her mom works at. At the end of the story, they connect.
                I like this story because it kept me very interested. It was interesting because two stories were told at the same time. I liked trying to anticipate how the story would go based on the pictures. I also loved how much feeling the pictures have. The author made the story so great that it made me keep on reading for a very long time. I recommend this book to people who have read The Invention of Hugo Cabret so those people have an idea of what the story is like.

No comments: